[OM] Re: focus and ? about lens filters

Subject: [OM] Re: focus and ? about lens filters
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 20:45:25 -0500
Ah, yes, the giant dust spec test.
<http://www.chucknorcutt.com/dust%20spec%20test/index.htm>
Both of these shots were taken with an A1 which has a front element
approximately the size of a Zuiko 50/1.8.  One shot was taken normally.
   The other is the same except that there is a piece of black
electrical tape approximately 3/4" square (19mm) stuck on the front
element.  Since the front element is about 40mm in diameter the tape was
blocking about 29% of the glass area.

The third shot is a comparison of the 1:1 pixel level detail from both
images.  Can you tell which one is which?

Yes, I did perform the test but at the request of Dr. Diffraction.  Dr.
Focus said he didn't expect any impacts in his domain.

Chuck Norcutt