[OM] Re: focus and ? about lens filters

Subject: [OM] Re: focus and ? about lens filters
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 07:42:27 -0500
I never wipe a dry optical surface.  After blowing off whatever is loose
I use multiple cotton swabs which are fairly well saturated with alcohol
or Windex to gently loosen and pick up the fine grit.  The particles may
look like flour but on a microscopic/optical scale they're rough
boulders.  Just don't use so much liquid that it starts flowing into the
lens cell.

Chuck Norcutt