[OM] Re: focus and ? about lens filters

Subject: [OM] Re: focus and ? about lens filters
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 11:24:16 -0500
Interesting.  I don't know how I could have missed that before other
than my general tendency to sometimes be wholly unobservant of the most
obvious things (my wife will tell you).  But I'm not yet convinced
because I know of no optical phenomenon of the "crippled" lens which
should cause what looks like a shadow cast on the flower.  But that
doesn't mean there isn't one.  I just don't know about it.

These were taken by natural light with about 10 minutes in between so
it's possible something is casting a shadow that wasn't before.

Chuck Norcutt