[OM] Re: (OT) What will they think of next?

Subject: [OM] Re: (OT) What will they think of next?
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 21:47:55 +0000
On 09/01/2008, Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm sorry but someone is going to have to explain to me, very
> carefully for I am a bear of very littel brane, exactly how one can
> take a photograph before you or something actually presses the trigger.
> Is there some 'quantum' thing going on here or am I just not getting
> something obvious?

Surprisingly easily, though not with an SLR.  The imaging senosor is
kept constantly capturing images which are read into a buffer, when
the end of the buffer is reached, it gets overwritten from the start.
When the "shutter release" (I suppose we could call it the "keepit"
button) is pressed, the most recently captured image is processed and
written to the memory card.