[OM] Re: E-3 problems.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 problems.
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:38:59 +1000
Chris Barker wrote:
> That's right, Mike.  It will allow you to select for writing a card
> type only if one is installed.

Is there a (possibly deeply-buried) "Custom Function" that will let you
take photos (as in, operate the shutter) even if there's no card at all
in the camera? I only mention it as this is one of the "Custom Function"
options of my Canon EOS 10D, and I wondered, if there was such an
option, whether by setting that ability the above-described behaviour
might be different, allowing you to set it to an empty card slot. With
the 10D, you will get the preview of the photo from the "buffer" just
after taking the shot, but without any internal storage memory you
obviously can't subsequently review it, a behaviour I think someone else
mentioned. (It does mention on the preview that there is "No CF card").

Note, I know next to nothing about the E3 or any of the other E-series
Oly cameras. It was just something that sprang to mind.

Cheers,
Marc (who's never taken photos without a card in his DSLR, but once took
an entire "film" of photos without any actual film in his SLR)
Noosa Heads, Oz