[OM] Re: focus and ? about lens filters

Subject: [OM] Re: focus and ? about lens filters
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:29:52 -0600
> I bought a huge box of eyeglass cleaning tissues from Lenscrafters.
I'm not familiar with these, but I'll bet they work. It's my personal
experience that eyeglass coatings are a lot softer than lens coatings.

Here's my precedure: I first use a brush to knock off the chunks of stuff,
usually one of the lipstick kind. I then wipe the lens with a microfiber
cloth. I do all possible to keep both clean, including regular launderings
of the cloth, and I have no scratches.

On the other hand, I have a pro friend that regularly uses t-shirt fabric,
while still attach to the shirt and his body. His lenses look immaculate!

Bill Pearce