[OM] Re: Burma [partially OT camera]

Subject: [OM] Re: Burma [partially OT camera]
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:01:29 -0500
I think you're expecting too much of us, Bernard.  I know next to
nothing of Burma other than it is presently ruled by a military
dictatorship.  I have not only never traveled to Burma, I have never
traveled west of California.  I have no way of knowing what daily life
is truly like for the average Burmese citizen nor whether tourists are
handled in some way or other by "minders".

I don't know why John responded as he did... whether from first hand
experience or perhaps invalid assumptions.  I'm glad you were free to
travel as you saw fit and able to present images of a place I've never
seen and most likely never will.  But please don't ask me to stand in
the middle of a personal argument about which I know next to nothing.

Chuck Norcutt