[OM] Re: [OT] Bug of Parental Controls for Mac OS Leopard

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Bug of Parental Controls for Mac OS Leopard
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 09:55:26 +0100
We used to have a big problem with one of our boys (10) as soon as he
woke up he asked "darf ich Gameboy speilen" May I play gameboy, and this
coontined throughout the day and got very annoying. my wife then came up
with the idea of a monthly card with markings around the edge 7 + 1 for
each week, the 7 is for 1 hour  games either computer or gameboy and the
1 for internet access. Then she simply cuts a V in the mark on the card,
small for half an hour and large for the full hour, they can also carry
hours over to the next week. This works brilliantly, no more constant
"darf ich gameboy speilen" and they know exactly what their budget is.
It surprised me how well it works.

the other option though is to set up a separate account for your
daughter with a password only you know so that even if she reboots it
she can't login.

Iechyd Da    Ian