[OM] Re: [OT] Bug of Parental Controls for Mac OS Leopard

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Bug of Parental Controls for Mac OS Leopard
From: Manuel Viet <oly@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:59:29 +0100
Le vendredi 11 Janvier 2008 13:37, Michael Wong a écrit :
> I understood. But my daughter will be lost with her computer and I worry
> about her eyes (I don't wish her to wear glasses early).

I've spent most of my free time on computers since I'm ten¹, and my eyesight
is 13 on the left and 12 on the right (we count in 10th, 10 being 'normal
vision without glasses', every tenth more being 'over average'). There's no
relationship between computer usage and degrading eyesight, that's a urban
legend. What's real, on the contrary, is that an eyesight problem is acutely
revealed by staring at a screen, because then you're sure to develop a
headache. That's how I know I have a slight misalignement, so in effect I
take a pause of 10 min. every hour to reduce the strain.

¹ I've bad allergies to nearly everything green and sporting leaves, so easter
were months I nearly had to spend secluded in my bedroom, windows and blinds
shut.
--
Manuel Viet