[OM] Re: OT: migraine articles

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: migraine articles
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 10:41:45 -0700
Hi all,

This is a subject near and not so dear to me.
I have struggled with migraines for about 28 years now.
It's not something I discuss much with others because many people just
do not understand, and even those who get regular headaches do not
understand how completely debilitating a migraine truly is.
After giving birth to my twins, one of the first things I said to my
family doctor is that childbirth was nothing compared to a migraine.
I spent the entire last year following and playing the medical
profession's game of medications. Some had almost disastrous results,
others just did not work and others had horrid side effects along with
not working. (Tpoomax, Depakote, and Lyrica)
After charting them (yet again) for a new neurologist, I had only 17
days out of 90 days without a migraine. Not good stats.

I am chiming in now because I see there are several of you who deal and
try to cope with these ungodly things like myself.
When I am silent or absent, those who know me well know that I am having
serious migraine days.
Mine are most definitely barometric pressure related.

This makes picture taking and editing most unpleasant...which defeats
the purpose of loving photography.
It is most annoying and at times rather depressing.
I am sorry to hear that others here struggle with migraines as well, but
it's also nice to know it's not just me.
Balance is a huge struggle, as losing several days a week to migraines
puts me in "catch up" mode constantly.

This info is interesting, thank you for providing it to the list.
Candace