[OM] Re: Anyone Have an ED12-60/2.8-4?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone Have an ED12-60/2.8-4?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 12:00:23 -0800
I suspect that what they meant that the lens identifies itself and
that in-camera or post processing knows the characteristics for that
lens and can correct for it automatically, if needed. It is something
other makers do as well. The Nikon Coolpix P5100 can be set to
automatically correct for barrel distortion at the short end of the
zoom. The Capture NX software has the characteristics of the 10.5mm
fisheye lens embedded and can automatically correct without
"eyeballing" it.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA