[OM] Re: Anyone Have an ED12-60/2.8-4?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone Have an ED12-60/2.8-4?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:47:43 -0600
> Each individual Nikon D3 can be programmed for up to nine individual
> lenses - not just model or types. Useful for both  'unchipped' lenses
> you may have like old manual AI-F mount and new lenses.
The settings for older lenses are generic. When set for a 35/f2, for
example, that setting is for any 35/f2. It is still a very useful feature.
A group of
> settings are registered for that particular lens on your body. Even
> so, some users are complaining that it's not much help to a pro who
> draws from a pool and can't keep individual bodies and lenses together.
The settings that are lens specific are the focus settings, which are keyed
to the info the body gets from the D chip. I'm not so sure that those
settings aren't applied to all identical lenses.

Still a good feature. Imagine if your E3 could first accept your OM lenses,
and then allow them to be used with auto exposure in aperture priority mode
as well as metered manual. At ISO 24,600.

Bill Pearce