[OM] Re: Anyone Have an ED12-60/2.8-4?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone Have an ED12-60/2.8-4?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:21:01 -0700
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> When 4/3 was first introduced Oly made a point of saying that the lenses
> would communicate to the body their distortion and vignetting
> characteristics with the implication being that the body would magically
> adjust for that.  I've never heard any more about it.

The *body,* no.  But their own RAW processing software appears to do at
least some of that (Studio, I b'lieve -- I think Master's too brain-dead
for that kind of adjusting...).  Essentially, Studio's rumoured to have
"PTLens-like" capabilities in this area.

Anyways, it's an interesting thing that's being done.  And yes, I've
already updated my 12-60.  Used Oly Master, went without a hitch (unlike
some people on dpreview, ferinstance).

Garth