[OM] Re: [OT] Bug of Parental Controls for Mac OS Leopard

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Bug of Parental Controls for Mac OS Leopard
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 16:04:27 +1000
Manuel Viet wrote:
> I've spent most of my free time on computers since I'm ten¹, and my eyesight
> is 13 on the left and 12 on the right (we count in 10th, 10 being 'normal
> vision without glasses', every tenth more being 'over average'). There's no
> relationship between computer usage and degrading eyesight, that's a urban
> legend. ...

I don't know that this is an "urban legend".

http://www.myopia.org/myopiaprevalence.htm

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6117-lifestyle-causes-myopia-not-genes.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myopia

While not certain, it does not seem to be so easily dismissed as "urban
legend", noting also the varying prevalence amongst different cultures.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz