[OM] Re: Anyone Have an ED12-60/2.8-4?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone Have an ED12-60/2.8-4?
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 01:20:12 -0500
Moose wrote:
> This little tendril defied the 5D AF completely, but MF worked nicely
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net//BlakeHouse0703/pages/_MG_0867cr2s.htm>.

Yeah, I took a picture of one of them tendrils, and my camera's AF
nailed it on the first try...:)

>> My friend just fixed his K10D problem by making an offset to a parameter
>> inside the camera firmware. He has been suffered from soft image that happen
>> on part of his shots regularly

Up to a certain firmware version, and hacked version with new version
header, you can enter the "debug" mode which contains a focus
calibration menu. It will adjust for a back-front focus problem, or
sensor misalignment issue.

> That's a shame. There have been similar reports of lens/body
> alignment/adjustment problems by some Canon users,

Actually this is extremely common on Nikon & Canon cameras (as well as
others), enough so that an official feature is included in the D300,
Canon Mark III Continental or whatever, etc. cameras that has memory for
more than one lens.

Since we discovered it in the K10D debug menu, we've been bugging them
to make a regular resettable menu out of it with a similar memory for a
few lenses, but it seems they decided to just put that feature in the
K20D instead, according to beta-testers. At least we're getting live
histogram in the optical viewfinder.