[OM] Re: Anyone Have an ED12-60/2.8-4?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone Have an ED12-60/2.8-4?
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 01:53:10 -0500
Bill Pearce wrote:
>> Each individual Nikon D3 can be programmed for up to nine individual
>> lenses.
>>
>  It is still a very useful feature.
>

>> settings are registered for that particular lens on your body. Even
>> so, some users are complaining
>>
> Still a good feature.

The D3 isn't alone as I posted above, the Pentax K20HD is going to have
this (we almost had it on the K10D), but then again, for forking out
$1200, you should have it. On the other hand, being its an expensive
$1200 camera, featurewise, there's also  supposed to be1080P HD video
for emergencies. (Samsung GX-20 alternate choice varying the features)

>  Imagine if your E3 could first accept your OM lenses,
> and then allow them to be used with auto exposure in aperture priority mode
> as well as metered manual.
Yeah, I know the experience. Old hat. At least the K20HD will do that
supposedly to ISO 6400. With every other brand of lens that fits it,
like however long they've been making Tamron Adaptall II lenses, etc.
Wide open until the photo is taken. And for shake reduction.  And trap
focusing. And focus confirmation. And.... Oh yeah, I forgot. Being that
its a Pentax, these things are only "cute", and not "important". Not
being a Nikon/Canon, no serious photographer would ever consider it
anyway. I mean careers are at stake, you know? :)