[OM] Re: Anyone Have an ED12-60/2.8-4?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone Have an ED12-60/2.8-4?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 02:23:42 -0800
Larry wrote:
>> Imagine if your E3 could first accept your OM lenses,
>> and then allow them to be used with auto exposure in aperture priority mode
>> as well as metered manual.
>>
> Yeah, I know the experience. Old hat. At least the K20HD will do that
> supposedly to ISO 6400. With every other brand of lens that fits it,
> like however long they've been making Tamron Adaptall II lenses, etc.
> Wide open until the photo is taken. And for shake reduction.  And trap
> focusing. And focus confirmation. And.... Oh yeah, I forgot. Being that
> its a Pentax, these things are only "cute", and not "important". Not
> being a Nikon/Canon, no serious photographer would ever consider it
> anyway. I mean careers are at stake, you know? :)

You go. I love it when you get all het up. I guess it's the way your
eyes sparkle, although the spit - well, least said the better.

Really, all that is lovely and desirable, but I'm not ready to give up
the FF sensor yet. For me, Canon was a reluctant choice, but I still
elieve the correct one for me. Had all brands been hidden, it's the one
I would have chosen. I looked very seriously at a Pentax, fondled one
and did the usual camera store stuff. The istD-whatevers were lovely to
look at, delightful to hold, but without better IQ and performance, not
to me sold.

And once one has a couple of camera bodies and a handful of lenses,
well, it takes a lot to justify switching systems. It's not like anybody
makes DLSRs that take crap pictures. So bash the big two, and the fools
who buy them, as much as you like, Pentax was late to the party,
underdressed, went home to change, came back stunning, original, but
most of the guys were already taken.

Moose