[OM] Re: Big 2 dominate in Japan

Subject: [OM] Re: Big 2 dominate in Japan
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:04:10 -0500
Ali Shah wrote:
> Samsung announced a DSLR before Pentax? Wow!
>
> I actually thought that the GX-10 felt better to hold
> than the K10d even tho they are supposedly identical.

Yes, Pentax also announced the K20HD on January 10, but only to the
press under NDA in Dubai. The Samsung GX-20 was leaked out on a website
with very limited details (most already known), and has since been
removed. Might have been a planned leak.

Official announcement is Jan. 24. Not that an Olympus list will even
read down to this line without already deleting the message. :)

Samsung came to Pentax at the end of development, and was only able to
help in designing firmware, menus, and changing a few buttons. The
buttons, etc. change the ergonomics slightly enough where even though
the vast majority liked the Pentax better, there were those that liked
the Samsung. Its just good to have growing options.

Pentax was also far quicker in the firmware updates, and adding
functionality based on customer requests, and Samsung just put that
stuff in their firmware eventually.