[OM] Re: Bulgarian Christmas and Hull New Year

Subject: [OM] Re: Bulgarian Christmas and Hull New Year
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:45:28 +0800
Moose, in Feb last year I was talking about early retirement, thanks for
yours and Walt's (so sad he is not here anymore) encouragement, I retired
end of last year. It was 2 years earlier than my original plan. With the new
management and system I can no longer continue there, most of my time were
spent on how to make better reports to the management and I cannot couple
with the new GM's working style. Being an engineering manager I think my
time should be spent on training new engineers, monitor their works and
pushing schedules. All these may be just an excuse, we wife said I was
simply lazy.

We don't have a very large sum of cash so we are making use of what we have
for investment. Most of our money are in stock market.... ok... I know some
of you may think this is very risky but I think it should be ok in the long
term, we mainly purchase the biggest companies of the type and at
reasonable P/E.

I don't have the problem of "not doing anything much at all", I enjoy simple
life. We will plan for more travels and now I'm working on the old negatives
and slides. Of course, we have to keep an eye on the stock market 5 days a
week, it is already busy enough :-)

C.H.Ling