[OM] Re: Big 2 dominate in Japan

Subject: [OM] Re: Big 2 dominate in Japan
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 17:48:54 -0500

>   I was relieved when Larry morphed
> from the guy who gave directions and justification for stealing
> software

I'm still that guy, and continually get emails from this list actually
appreciating that. I won't be one limiting entitlement to software based
on how much money you were lucky enough to acquire. If civilization here
just happened to decide "the world isn't fair" in terms of money and
success, then it can spread to the luckily financially comfortable
feeling that it isn't fair that those who can't compile enough money for
Photoshop, (or Acrobat, or Dreamweaver, or Lightroom, or DXO, etc.)
should be having it. There's plenty of less featured software out there
that the "unsuccessful"  should use, and its just too bad. Deal with
it.  Ultimately the financially-comfortable must believe in the false
myth that it is "life choices" or "hard work" that directly translates
to success, and make up morals to go with it. Actually intelligently
planned life choices, and intensely hard work can just as easily lead to
the opposite.

If someone asks me to help them get a program, I don't care how much
money they have or don't have. I help them. So stop being relieved, and
continue to disrespect me. Now, luckily I seemed to have come off as
having some camera agenda that in being completely misconstrued has
trumped up another reason to disrespect me. Thats more fun than
attempting to clear up the misperception. :)