[OM] Re: Big 2 dominate in Japan

Subject: [OM] Re: Big 2 dominate in Japan
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 03:12:00 -0500
Chris Crawford wrote:
> something people need like food and medical care, Denying those to the
> poor is wrong because human life is more important than money, and people
> die without food and if they're sick they die without medical care.

Since you bring it up, this goes far deeper and more purposely done in
this country than you might realize. With the media putting out what we
are allowed to see, even current pres. candidates like John Edwards who
campaigns hardest for these things are pushed into the background behind
the more flamboyant newsworthy candidates, even though Edwards plays
extremely well where he speaks. They went into this pretty well in this
week's Bill Maher show.

Amongst interesting guests this week like catherine crier, tony snow,
etc. discussing this, journalist Matt Taibbi pointed out an interesting
irony. Being in the media, he commented on how well the media personnel
are treated, highly paid, and sit back in their hotels deciding what to
write, and see Edwards talk about universal health care, corporate
control, concern for the poor & middle class etc. and they relaxingly
dismiss him as "too angry". He won't ever get the media attention like a
Romney worth 300 million, Clinton, Obama, etc. And, so therefore the
primaries will attract viewers who will ultimately choose one of them.