[OM] Re: Anyone Have an ED12-60/2.8-4?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone Have an ED12-60/2.8-4?
From: Paul Shields <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 21:12:54 +0000
Yes, Olympus have had lens firmware since day one for the Zuiko
Digital range. Not sure if it's unique to Olympus, but I've not seen
it mentioned for any other manufacturers.

An interesting aspect of this is that if you load an image up in
Olympus Studio (I guess Master too) you can apply lens correction, and
there is a check box to include information provided by the lens. Does
that mean that the lens holds information about any anomalies relating
to that particular lens? I've never seen an adequate explanation myself.