[OM] Re: OT: migraine articles

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: migraine articles
From: Rob Harrison <robhar@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:32:10 -0800
Catching up a bit....

My wife found these articles VERY interesting. I've also forwarded
them to a couple other friends. Thanks Iwert.

Following up on Candace's and AG's comments... Sounds like some of the
same triggers my clients with chemical sensitivities have had. In one
case, it was brought on by over-exposure to the chemicals of photo
processing. (She ran a photo-processing service.) Other clients have
had their sensitivities brought on by exposure to formaldehyde
(usually in floor finishes, sometimes in cabinet substrates), or latex
or PVC in carpet backings.  Once sensitized by one chemical or
another, there were many triggers, including all of those I've seen
mentioned.

Chemical sensitivity is a really challenging condition, perhaps
similar in some ways to migraines. Not well understood scientifically,
and frequently misunderstood socially. I suspect we'll learn (and
hear) more about this in the coming years.

Rob in Seattle