[OM] Re: OM2 Flash modes

Subject: [OM] Re: OM2 Flash modes
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 20:27:20 -0500
Quite late to this party but super shot, John.

Reminds me when I first obtained a 2N after being accustomed to the
OM-2 that on auto the 2N is set at 1/60th.  I remember an old post
where one contact can be covered and make it drag the shutter as well.
Perhaps the 4T can do that too.

Quite difficult to meter any other way with the combined multiple
flashes and ambient. Perhaps Dr. Flash would even approve.

Mike

If you're going to be outside experimenting with night photography,
flash may be far less effective (even otf).  Effective flash working
distances fall way off.  You'll end up experimenting with time exposre
or atleast painting with light (which is what I used to light the
oft-used PRR K4 locomotive 1361).

http://www.zuiko.com/album/Latent%20Image/Trains/slides/1361-night.html

Shutter open on auto, fire flash multiple times from multi angles to
light the subject.

John Hermanson

Camtech Photo Services, Inc.

21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743

631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977

http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net

http://webmail.aol.com