[OM] E-3 focus problem

Subject: [OM] E-3 focus problem
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 14:29:15 +0800
Finally I have purchased a used E-3 (seven days old), previous owner
still have  E-1 and some lenses, also was a user of 1D MKII, going to try
the D300 or D3.

When playing with the camera I found some problem with AF. With DZ-50-200
at 50mm the lens always focus slightly in front no matter for close or long
distance subjects. It created slightly soft image while MF was very sharp.
Searching for the web, there seems to be some E-3 focusing shift issues but
nothing about DZ50-200, is it a known issue?

here is the shot with AF (2.2MB)

http://www.accura.com.hk/P1150613.jpg

here is the one with MF (2.7MB)

http://www.accura.com.hk/P1150614.jpg

Sharpness -1, contrast a bit low due to poor atmosphere.

C.H.Ling