[OM] Re: E-3 focus problem

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 focus problem
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 22:59:27 -0800
C.H.Ling wrote:
> Finally I have purchased a used E-3 (seven days old), previous owner
> still have  E-1 and some lenses, also was a user of 1D MKII, going to try
> the D300 or D3.
>
> When playing with the camera I found some problem with AF. With DZ-50-200
> at 50mm the lens always focus slightly in front no matter for close or long
> distance subjects. It created slightly soft image while MF was very sharp.
> Searching for the web, there seems to be some E-3 focusing shift issues but
> nothing about DZ50-200, is it a known issue?

There was a thread about this issue starting on 12 Dec. I didn't follow
closely, for obvious reasons, and it inevitably branched out in other
directions, but I think there was some useful stuff.
http://www.fourthirdsphoto.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20049

There was also possibly useful conversation about the complexities of
the E-3 focus mode settings.

Forum discussions apparently exist on the topic on dpreview.

My sole contribution was to carp that I though the old 50-200 was poor
at focus on the E-1 when they came out. Maybe I played with a lemon -
but Oly did replace it.

Moose