[OM] Re: Big 2 dominate in Japan

Subject: [OM] Re: Big 2 dominate in Japan
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:20:47 -0800
> From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> ... human life has no value unless the person in question has money,
> and money is merely a sign of that person's worthiness. The worthless
> automatically have nothing and their starvation is nature's way.
> This idea
> is morally repugnant and should be fought by anyone with any sense of
> decency.

As population burgeons and resource dwindle, more and more of the so-
called "middle-class" will have the opportunity to experience that --
lucky sods!

This world view is a big reason I left the US. The US has no place for
"voluntary simplicity" -- you're either rich or poor, or trying to be
rich or trying to keep from being poor.

What happened to values like "frugal" and "thrifty"? I guess they were
gone long before, upon the first attack on US soil since Perl Harbor,
the president said, "Go shopping!"

:::: The first principle is that you must not fool yourself -- and you
are the easiest person to fool. -- Richard Feynman ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, http://www.EcoReality.org ::::