[OM] Re: E-3 focus problem

Subject: [OM] Re: E-3 focus problem
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:44:44 -0500
I only read the first several exchanges on this page which has to do
with trying to shoot a hawk using the 90-250 with 1.4 and 2X converters
attached.  Where a detailed example is given the 90-250 has the 2X on it
for an effective focal length of 500mm and is wide open at an effective
aperture of f/5.6.  Since this is a 4/3 body this is the magnification
equivalent of trying to use a 1000mm lens on a 35mm camera.  This is
well within the range where atmospheric turbulence can start to take a
toll on image quality let alone that the lens is being shot wide open.

There may well be focusing errors involved but I think it will be pretty
difficult to prove it when the image quality is so hung out on a limb
with other complicating factors.

Chuck Norcutt