[OM] Re: Happy New Year - Tripod - sorry but I went against the list adv

Subject: [OM] Re: Happy New Year - Tripod - sorry but I went against the list advice
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:47:58 +0000
Happy New Year to you as well, IanW

I hope that your family has recovered from the lurgy; I was the cook
at Christmas owing to my wife's having gone to bed with the
affliction, an affliction which I might well have now.  I'm very glad
that Cai avoided the ghastly thing.

I don't know how to answer your question about dynamic range between
the E-3 and the 330, but I do know that the new camera has an
excellent review display, including the focus spot as well as
highlight and shadow "zebra" display.

I'm also very pleased with the Live View, a system which I didn't
think would be useful at all.  I don't even mind the shutter lag as it
focusses in that mode.

I nearly bought a Slingshot for a dog-sledding expedition that I was
supposed to be going on last March.  But a normal Billingham (Hadley
Pro) fits to my torso in a similar fashion ...

Chris