[OM] Re: South California trip

Subject: [OM] Re: South California trip
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:48:00 -0600
Johan Malmström wrote:
> Hi again!
> I'm going to El Centro, Imperial Valley for some stuff that needs an
> upgrade, any of us down there? I'm flying in to San Diego on 28/1 and
> driving over to El Centro the next day. My plan is to leave the west
> hemisphere later the same week.
>
> Any good stops I really should do?

We were just in SD last week -- it was cold and raining for two solid
days.  Whee.

The Air & Space museum is cool -- and there are a number of different
museums as well as the Zoo all in the same park.

If you're into military ships, the USS Midway is moored there and is
open as a museum you can tour.  Very, very cool.  Right next to it on
the shore is the Maritime Museum, featuring a number of very old sailing
ships plus a genuine Russian Foxtrot-class submarine -- the same class
as the one in Long Beach, CA -- which I believe is also open to the public.

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon