[OM] Re: Pin hole image

Subject: [OM] Re: Pin hole image
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 14:19:51 -0800 (PST)
Moose wrote:
> I personally don't much like grain in pinhole images. I think it
> makes  the smooth, soft focus and contrast graduations edgy,
> counter to the purpose of using a pinhole in the first place.

Not sure I totally agree. Without the grain, it becomes just another
blurry image.

> I tend to use at least a little LCE on almost everything, but
> wouldn't on this image.

I'm finding that I need precious little LCE on film scans.  But on
digital, you need it just to clear the haze. I'm not saying that
yours are or aren't, but I'm finding that LCE is over-used and we're
ending up with a bunch of amped-up images of things that should be
more subtle.

AG

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.