[OM] Geotagging (OT)

Subject: [OM] Geotagging (OT)
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:00:33 +1000
I know this type of thing isn't for everyone, but, for me for probably a
lot of unlooked-at emotional reasons, photography is closely associated
with a sense of "time and place". For others, an attraction for the
following may simply be associated with a landscape photographer's
interest in vantage points. Nevertheless, I thought there might be more
than just a tiny number of people who might find this kind of device an
interesting addition to their gear:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08011601photofinder.asp

"SD-compatible GPS makes geotagging easy
Wednesday, 16 January 2008  18:35 GMT

Memory maker ATP has launched what it describes as: "the World's most
easy-to-use Geotagging device." The Photo Finder is a portable GPS
receiver that can automatically sync its data with the photos from your
digital camera, without the need for a computer...."

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz (-26° 23' 47.04", +153° 5' 33.36" or thereabouts)