[OM] Re: E3 question

Subject: [OM] Re: E3 question
From: Ton Maas <tonmaas@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:38:49 +0100
Dear Nathan,

>I would therefore like to hear from people who have experience with
>both the E410/510 and the E3: does the E3 deliver significantly
>better high ISO performance than the other bodies? This is the single
>most important deciding factor for me, as I hate flash and I like low-
>light environments.

Not exactly, but I can comment on the difference in high ISO
performance between the E-1, 400 and 3. As I do a lot of concert
photography this is quite important to me. I found the 400 to be
completely useless for this purpose. Even at ISO 400 noise is
markedly present. So up to the end of November I've always used the
E-1 for this work, even though I knew its powers in that department
were meagre. I have now shot at least a dozen concerts with the E-3
and I'm really impressed with the cleanliness of the images at ISO
1600, even as they are mainly jpegs.

Ton