[OM] Re: New E-3 Review

Subject: [OM] Re: New E-3 Review
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 21:06:15 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/Olympus-E3.shtml

  He has some good points about the ergonomics -- I don't have as much
of a problem with the 'play' button being easy to find as he does, but
that's because I've got into the (bad?) habit of chimping. There's
recesses and grooves and whatnot that make it fairly easy to find the
ISO adjust/exposure compenstion buttons if required -- my main problem
is remembering which of the two dials does what when switching between
PASM mode/metering/af modes/etc, but I think that'll come with more
practise.

  It's certainly not as nice to use as the E-1 was, both immediately and
I don't think it'll ever feel as natural even with practise -- though on
the other hand I don't think I'll find myself accidentally in manual
focus which I did with the E-1.

  -- dan