[OM] Re: IMG: Nathan's PAW 3: Valencia and my best friend Lars

Subject: [OM] Re: IMG: Nathan's PAW 3: Valencia and my best friend Lars
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 15:00:20 -0500
Please don't ever stop posting these. Between you and GeeBee, I get
much in the way of inspiration.

I also enjoy your commentary, in this case particularly about the
Russians, and your wife. When I worked for a newspaper, whenever we
had to take mug shots of our female staffers, they always, _always_
insisted on Right of Refusal, and about 95 percent of the time, they
exercised it. Women who came into the office to have their shots made
to go with stories almost always asked if they could see the pictures
before they were published. Of course we had to decline, otherwise we
would have done nothing except take and retake mug shots of local
women. (Perhaps many of our readers would have thought that an
improvement?)

Local women who found themselves in the paper a lot almost always
went to a professional studio, where they hounded the poor pro until
he got them an acceptable mug shot, whereupon they brought it to the
paper with instruction to "Use this one!" At least the pro got paid. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com