[OM] Re: OT What lenses for the D3? [was 14 is the new 12]

Subject: [OM] Re: OT What lenses for the D3? [was 14 is the new 12]
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:25:53 -0500

Thanks Moose,
Get an idea of the majesty of the place with those shots.? I? very much like
the photog in waders to give some perspective.? I suspect he is a plant from
the Moose collective.
Mike

This is an extremely tough subject. The falls are much wider than what's
in that image, while the places from which to shoot them are limited. I
shot at all sorts of focal lengths and angles and really haven't gotten
around to tackling but a few the many images from two different times of
day on two different days.

Here's one taken a little closer, showing a fellow with waders and his
4x5 camera working for that magic shot. He didn't know I'd taken shots
of him and his patient companion until they were leaving and I asked for
an email address so I could get copies to him.
<http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/Misc/timo/slides/_MG_1613cr.html>

Here's almost the full scope of the falls, but it really plays down the
left side, small as it is from perspective, and partially hidden by
topography.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Miscellaneous&image=MossBraeP116laz.jpg>

The falls are so wide and so close that benig there is an experience
very difficult to convey in an image. Magic place.
> Thanks for the examples - I may have to reconsider having 24mm as my widest.

I can go whole days of shooting without bringing out the 17-35, but it
makes possible shots that are otherwise not possible.

Moose

http://webmail.aol.com