[OM] Olympus/Bolex marriage?

Subject: [OM] Olympus/Bolex marriage?
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 20:10:37 -0600
I've been playing with my new toy--a 16mm Bolex EL movie camera.  Hope
to capture butterfly images on 16mm color negative film come spring.
The EL came with a c-mount to Bolex bayonet adapter, and B&H sent me an
Olympus to c-mount adapter, so I've been able to try some OM lenses on
it (sans film, just looking through the viewfinder).  With the two
adapters, one can't focus at infinity with these SLR lenses.  But what
entomologist does?  It's the little guys, close up, right?  Looking
through the viewfinder at some preserved butterflies, the 50/3.5 OM
macro does a great job mounted right on the OM to c-mount adapter.  With
the 65-116 auto extension tube, the OM 135/4 macro lens I picked up from
well-known list enabler Bill Barber lets me fill a frame with a common
cabbage butterfly from about 2' distance.  Cool!  Cool, incidently, has
been Minnesota lately, so I have plenty of time to get some bugs ironed
out of this OM/Bolex mating before butterfly shooting starts in earnest
in late April.  Ultimately, I want to use the 38/2.8 OM macro lens in my
underwater housing with the Bolex.  This is going to take some doing.
You'll be the first to know if it works.
Best wishes,
Dean