[OM] Re: Question about my new E3

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about my new E3
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 09:48:16 -0800
Not completely irrelevant. It is true that they can all be ignored or
changed in post processing. However color curve settings, contrast and
exposure all affect the jpg file that is used to create the image on
the LCD. That jpg is also the source of the data for the histogram on
the camera. If you use the histogram as a check on the accuracy of
your exposure you can make significant exposure errors depending on
your in camera settings. The usual advice if you are shooting RAW only
is to, at least, set contrast and saturation to the low end of the
scale for accurate exposure and maximum dynamic range.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA