[OM] Re: Fixing gradient illumination effects caused by flash

Subject: [OM] Re: Fixing gradient illumination effects caused by flash
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:33:00 +0800
I used to shot a lots of party photos, with a long big table of over 24
peoples at low light level without a low noise machine like the 5D, it was a
very difficult task. Flash with ceiling reflection was suppose the way to go
but due to some reasons it does not work in that situation. For most of the
shots with flash I have to use PS adjustment.
As Moose suggest gradient tool is one of the solution and I use it a lot. I
use selection mask with gradient tool to select the area I wanted to adjust
and use the curve tool to increase the brightness for the affected area. Be
careful about the noise, increase the brightness of the dark area will bring
a lot of noise, you may need to apply noise reduction to the shot before
adjustment especially for the small DC.

C.H.Ling