[OM] Re: That slow list again

Subject: [OM] Re: That slow list again
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 16:15:57 +1100
Which reminds me that I was talking to a repairman the other day -
he'd just had his first E-510 in. xD card forced in the wrong way
around and bent the pins, shorting out the main board. Uneconomical
to repair. Ouch.
He was not too complimentary about the general construction -
something about the card slots being soldered on to the main board
which means that if the slot is damaged, the camera may be a write
off. Might be an idea to use the cable thingy instead of pulling the
cards like I always do.
Reminds me of that old Apple laptop problem where a damaged port
meant a new motherboard.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx