[OM] Re: OT What lenses for the D3? [was 14 is the new 12]

Subject: [OM] Re: OT What lenses for the D3? [was 14 is the new 12]
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 12:15:50 -0700
Moose wrote:
> I'm not going to claim it's better than Noise Ninja or the other one,
> the name of which escapes me.

  Noiseware? That's the one I wound up buying, and it seems to work just
fine for me, though admittedly I didn't do a lot of comparisons against
other ones. Oh, right, now I look at their website, I remember why I got
that one; they have a free edition which does everything except batch
processing and preserve EXIF data [1], so I played with that and decided
that the $30 to buy it was worthwhile, and to show appreciation for a
company that'll give away a free version of their product that's
actually worth having.

  Has anyone tried their "Real Grain" app? I don't know enough about
film types to comment usefully, but it looks like it could be fun:

http://www.noiseware.com/rg.aspx

  -- dan