[OM] Re: That slow list again

Subject: [OM] Re: That slow list again
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:28:50 +1100
Yes but if you mount a fragile component on to a major critical
component and only sell them as a spare part as a complete module at
half the price of a new camera, someone's going to say $600 plus $300
labour? I'll just get a new one for $1100." Basically you've ramped
up the cost of a $25 part into a new sale. I think we saw this
problem with the flexible circuit in the OM4 - replaceable but hardly
worth it.
It's the rough equivalent of finding that your car's water pump or
oil pump has failed, being told that it's an integral part of the
engine block (welded to it) and so you'll have to replace the whole
engine.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx