[OM] Re: That slow list again

Subject: [OM] Re: That slow list again
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:40:54 +1000
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> It's the rough equivalent of finding that your car's water pump or
> oil pump has failed, being told that it's an integral part of the
> engine block (welded to it) and so you'll have to replace the whole
> engine.

It's funny you should say. Our Land Rover Discovery V8 (the vehicle we
owned before the current one) had a catastrophic failure (of the
"disintegration" kind) in its oil pump halfway between Holbrook and
Tarcutta. Apparently this resulted in some of the resultant components
of the unsystematically-disassembled oil pump entering the engine,
causing enough damage that the car sat in Wagga Wagga for six weeks
waiting for a new engine to be flown in (from Solihull in the UK) to
replace the dead one.

Of course, that's a little different to your analogy, but I thought it
an amusing coincidence.

Cheers,
Marc
Noosa Heads, Oz