[OM] Re: F280 question

Subject: [OM] Re: F280 question
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 03:39:15 -0500
I think the F280's output is always the same in FP mode, it can't be dimmed.
The exposure is controlled by aperture and shutter speed both, which also
affects ambient exposure. This is unlike normal flash where background
exposure is controlled by the combination of aperture and shutter, but only
the aperture affects the flash exposure. So I think your only means of
changing the F280's output is by controlling flash-to-subject distance, or
by putting neutral-density filters over the flash to dim it if its too
bright.

I actually have an F280 purchased a decade ago and really never used for the
FP mode. I should get it out and play with it.
--
Chris Crawford
Photography & Graphic Design