[OM] Re: OT What lenses for the D3? [was 14 is the new 12]

Subject: [OM] Re: OT What lenses for the D3? [was 14 is the new 12]
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 21:47:48 -0500
At 03:54 AM 1/27/2008, you wrote:

> >> - Linear distortion correction. I did this second on the theory
> that it would distort noise patterns and make NR less effective. I
> doubt it matters much, if at all. Certainly not at this display size.
> >>
> > Was that done in Adobe Camera Raw or a third party application?
> >
>Done in PS. Edit=>Transform=>Distort. Am I missing something? I don't
>see distortion correction in ACR.

Nope Moose - just a dumb question on my part.  I use C1 most of the
time but thought I remembered seeing that some linear distortion
tools had been added to the latest release of ACR.

>It turns out that So. Central Oregon is just full of waterfalls. All
>different sorts, from wide and low, through doubles through some quite
>tall ones. I have quite a few images from last summer, but haven't gone
>through them to make a gallery yet. Getting good angles and shots in
>thick forest with often quite limited light is a challenge.

That's the problem that I have around here too.  Plus, we've been in
a severe drought here so the reduced water flows haven't helped
either.  We had normal rainfall the last couple of months though so
I'm hoping things will be back to normal soon.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA