[OM] Re: F280 question

Subject: [OM] Re: F280 question
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:12:30 -0800
> From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
>
> Yes the f280 is exactly like an incandescent light...

Except it's actually a very fast sequence of pulses, no?

It's been years since I looked into it, but I owned an F-280 once, and
it was my understanding that it actually did auto-exposure based upon
changing the pulse frequency, and thus, the duty cycle, which then
changed the actual light output over time.

At least, that's how *I* would design such a thing. Was this my own
hare-brained idea, or not? :-)

:::: At any given moment, there is a sort of all-pervading orthodoxy,
a general tacit agreement not to discuss large and uncomfortable
facts. - George Orwell ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::