[OM] Re: E3 firmware update

Subject: [OM] Re: E3 firmware update
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:55:36 -0700
Wayne Harridge wrote:
>>   Yup, that's what happens -- and at the other end, the 38/3.8 macro
>> becomes a 38/3.8 macro IS, though at those sorts of distances it seems
>> to work better telling the camera it's about 80-100mm focal length. I
>> need to do more experimentation to be sure, but there's a definite
>> improvement.
>
> So maybe you need to tell it fl + extension ?

  The thing is, with the 38/20 lenses, there is no extension, they're
built to focus that close in, so it's not obvious how much image shake
is produced by hand wiggle. (so I should do a bunch of testing and see)

  I'd be interesting to try it with things like the (vivitar) 55/2.8,
which just has a heck of a long focusing helicoid so it'll go all the
way to 1:1 -- it'd need different settings as I change focus.

  -- dan