[OM] Re: E3 firmware update AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Subject: [OM] Re: E3 firmware update AAARRRGGGHHH!!!
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 14:54:39 +0000
Would some enthusiast Mac supporter please explain to me why this failure of
application software to work on different versions of a Mac OS is an
application problem.  Had this happened to an OS/2 application whilst I was
manager of OS/2 system and compatibility testing I'd have had a powerful lot of
explaining to do to my bosses.  New function is wonderful but one *never*
breaks old function...  even if the app developers did it wrong.  Incidentally,
this is one thing Microsoft never quite understood while we were jointly
working on OS/2 and it took constant vigilance to make sure they didn't alter
the API's to suit the whim of the day.

Chuck Norcutt