[OM] Re: IS question

Subject: [OM] Re: IS question
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:06:46 -0600
I find this interesting. I generally think of macro as something that
requires a tripod, so there's little advantage for VR. Still, it would be
good for general use, and there could be some hand-held close focus needs
that would make it advantageous.

I would be more concerned that your friend understand the fact that he will
have what amounts to a 155mm macro. While I like the additional distance
that makes lighting easier, that's a whopping long way away from the
subject. Since I don't shoot a lot of macro, I'm probably not the one to
give advice, but I would think he might want to check out the 60mm.

Bill Pearce