[OM] Re: [OT] Extended stay in Californa

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Extended stay in Californa
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:55:12 -0800
Lawrence Woods wrote:
> If you pass through San Luis Obispo, may I suggest the Madonna Inn.  109
> rooms, each with a different motif. Some have fireplaces or waterfalls in the
> room.  The interior design is, depending on your point-of-view,
> idiosyncratic, or over the top.

I would rather stay at the Back Bay Inn in Baywood Park on the Los Osos
Peninsula a little way West. Far more scenic, close to the Montana de
Oro State Park and scenic Morro Bay. Lovely place right on the bay and
the Papillon Restaurant across the street is "to die for". The Elfin
Forest is also worth a visit.

A few images from the area, including the view from our room at high and
low tide and the Adirondack chairs on the lawn where we sat with our
afternoon wine and cheese is here.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MorroBay/> The back bay is very
shallow. The motto of the Baywood navy is "We don't sail in water deeper
than we can stand in." At low tide, you can walk to your boat some days.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MorroBay/LosOsos/slides/_MG_1215.html>
> The William Hearst Castle (think "Rosebud") is nearby.

Indeed. An amazing place. Some images from it are also in the above gallery.

Moose